hit the ground running with volunteer hours!
It’s the beginning of the school year, and what better way to start than to get those volunteer hours out of the way? COVID-19 has made volunteering in-person a little complicated, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. Check out the ways we could use your help this upcoming school year!
- Snacks! We appreciate when our families bring in fresh snacks for the kids. We particularly love fresh fruit! Snacks like fresh fruit, fresh veggies, dried fruit, crackers, and cheese are great. We can’t currently accept homemade snacks, due to COVID-19 health concerns. Check with your child’s teacher about class allergies, and remember to keep it healthy, please!
- General donations. We could always use new children’s books, educational toys, art supplies, school supplies, and other educational materials. We can only accept new items, please. Reach out if you have questions about what we can or can’t accept.
- Landscape and Outdoor work. The seasons change, and so do the chores! In the winter, it’s immensely helpful when parents chip in to remove ice from the sidewalk and steps outside of our schools, and we could always use help raking leaves, picking up the occasional trash or debris in the yards, weeding, watering, and more.
- Bus/Van cleaning. Our Camp Wild Life vans and buses need some love! It helps when volunteers can wipe down the seats and sweep out the inside after a field trip day.
- Be Creative! No idea is a bad idea – if you think of a way you’d like to donate, we want to hear it. Do you play an instrument? Have a cool job that kids would love to hear about? Love to make homemade toys? Have a skill you can teach children? Able to donate to our online silent auction fundraiser? Reach out and we’d love to get creative with you!