June 6th- August 19th
Before and after school care
(Please see our website for details)
- Jack Rabbits~ 4 and 5 year olds
- Bears~ Grades 1-3
- Eagles~ Grades 4-6
Camp Mission: Hands on learning in the great outdoors
Goal: It is our goal to inspire young conservationists. We want to connect our students to nature through discovery, education, science and fun. We get dirty with gardening, play in the parks, hike in the mountains, fish in our rivers, all while creating lasting friendships.
Overview: Our camp is 11 weeks of environmental exploration. Our students experience everything Utah’s nature has to offer: our surrounding wildlife and their habitats, our water, land, and air . We explore our Ecosystem and our place in it, how to practice responsible conservation and finding that balance between our environment and people.
We encourage and promote hands on learning by playing in our great outdoors, science experiments, fun activities, a variety of lessons and field trips making it a summer that is hard to forget.
New this year:
- MAKERSPACES: A Makerspace is a place where students can share tools and ideas and have freedom to create. They are also known as creation stations, Tech space, and Steam labs. Makerspaces promote skills important for 21st Century learning and life. They promote many critical attributes such as collaborating, problem solving, innovation skills, creativity, flexibility, and confidence.
- More Lessons : This year we have added more options to our lesson day. Your child can pick from Swimming, Boxing, Tennis, Dance, and/or Basketball skills.
- New hikes: We are keeping our favorites from last year (who doesn’t love Donut Falls) but adding in some great new ones. We can’t wait!
- New Parks: Again, we have our favs (Wild West Jordan is where it’s at) but why not add in some new ones. We are going to travel far and wide to get in some award winning parks that we haven’t been to before.
- Drop off in Liberty Park, Sugarhouse, and/or Murray: This year for your convenience we have three drop off locations: St. John’s CCDC in Salt Lake City, Redeemer Lutheran Church and school in Sugarhouse, and Christ Lutheran Church and School in Murray. We are happy to commute our campers to where they need to be. *Drop offs will be between at 8:30 a.m. and 8:45 a.m., buses will leave for our scheduled event at 9:00 a.m. sharp*
- MORE Fishing: Fishing was a big hit last year… let’s add some more days.
|Full Time (5 days/wk)||$200|
|Part Time (3 days/wk)||$141|
|Part Time (2 days/wk)||$94|
|Add a day||$50|
Lessons & Activities: Dance, Tennis, Slack line, Art, Climbing, Fishing, Bowling, Swimming *Please note there may be an extra cost for some lessons*
End of Summer Party: Every year at the end of summer St. John’s throws a big end of the summer party for everyone to attend “The Summer Splash”. This year the Splash will be help on Friday, August 12th from 6-8 pm. It is our way of saying thank you to all the families of St. John’s. We will serve food and drinks, have bouncy water slides, and fire trucks that spray us with tons of water.
Early Registration: Register before May 1st and receive half off of your registration fee! (Registration fee is $75)
Space is limited so register today
We look forward to seeing you this summer!
For questions please contact Camp Coordinator, Tiffany Simpson: Tiffany@stjohnsccdc.org
“God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on the trees and flowers and clouds and stars”. ~Martin Luther